Beauty holds a golden mirror to the shimmering inner essence. It reflects true self-perception as well as the extent of one’s discipline.
Attractiveness indicates a sensitivity to those around us. Just as we shine our shoes, wash our cars or trim our lawns to provide eye-candy to passers-by, we keep our bodies in the pink of health to offer delightful icons worthy of emulation.
I believe that beauty is not trivial; it is core to civilized society. Imagine everyone abandoning restraint and shuffling around in tattered clothes, drooping bellies, dishevelled hair, blackened fingernails and breath so foul only a mother could love? No one would be happy- except the mouthwash manufacturers. Those who shun beauty as superficial are probably too lazy to reach for a bar of soap or the jump rope.
But, beautiful people are not necessarily supermodels with Greek-god faces and unreal proportions. That is a myth promulgated by sneaky salesmen of snakeoil creams and dangerous bust implants. Let them slather that muck on their faces 24/7. Then, Id believe them.
Beautiful people are Normal people who watch their diet, keep their bodies clean, and don tasteful, yet inexpensive clothing. They maintain an empowered lifestyle, indulge in mind-expanding books and engage in varied activity that enriches their awareness.
Beauty, more importantly, is internal. The attractive assert their opinions and fight for convictions. Whether handsome or pretty, bland or plain, the internally beautiful betray an intelligence and burning diligence that reflects their personality. Recall that personality is molded by how we carry ourselves and associate with the world at large.
Finally, beauty is holistic. Magnetic people take effort to be the best that they can be. They understand that they are fusions of body, soul and spirit. Hence, they build up each facet by honing their talents and passions. They may have ordinary faces but lead extraordinary lives. These exceptional people are the best humanity can offer; they easily outshine the empty-headed Greek Models of the catwalk.
Augmenting beauty simply means caring of the body and the mind. It doesnt take much effort, just a tad of self regulation. Heres how to ooze magnetic attraction:
1. Books and periodicals are your best friend. Beef up whats in your head and rack up more beauty points with your enlightened discussions. Intelligence is attractive.
2. Watch stand-up comedy. You will develop your sense of humour. Wit is a rare and valued commodity.
3. Is that a burger youre shovelling down your throat? Stop. You are literally what you eat. Want to be a lard bucket? Then chomp that burger.
4. Soap, shampoo and mouthwash are better than all the pheromone sprays, libido enhancers and failed nose lifts. Good hygiene is the honey that attracts the delightful bees.
5. Dress to impress- 24/7. You probably had one of those moments. There you were, in sloppy coveralls at the mall. Then you run into the boss or a beautiful stranger. Say this with me: NEVER AGAIN. One more time. NEVER AGAIN.
6. Ask and Listen. The most dazzling conversationalists avoid monopolizing conversations. Rather, they ask tons of questions. And listen for hours on end. Stop and think about that. Isnt your best friend a great listener?
7. Finally, think sexy. Feel sexy. You are what you think you are. Your body follows what the mind dictates. The $3000 executive coaches like to pass this astounding piece of common sense for a hefty fee. Save the money.
So, get out there and glow. You can be attractive without those creams, lotions and surgeons.
Be bold. Choose beauty.